We are significantly invested in our new Colima office to attract the best development talent in Colima. We need an experienced office manager to maintain our investment and help us scale the quality of our office to accommodate our growing team.
- Track and manage the company equipment including computers, monitors, peripheral devices, adapters, cables, furniture, conferencing equipment, cameras, security systems, AC units, appliances, and more. Order new company equipment when necessary.
- Track and manage the office snacks and beverages. Order more when necessary.
- Track and manage the office necessities like toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies and more. Order more when necessary.
- Manage the team’s daily lunch order and communicate it to our lunch vendor. Report and remaining vendor balance to AMV management.
- Manage ongoing vendors on behalf AMV including lunch delivery, water delivery and weekly cleaners.
- Hire and manage necessary contractors for one-time projects provided by AMV management.
- Proactively identify problems in the office and take initiative to solve them. Communicate the problems and potential solutions to the team.
- Attend developer events in the community to spread awareness about AMV.
- Plan and coordinate events hosted by AMV to further raise awareness in the developer community.
- Coordinate fun, monthly team building events for staff. (Become the “Director de Diversión”)
- Ensure team is following company expense guidelines. Track and manage expenses from team. Submit expense reports to management.
- Implement and enforce office process to keep space clean and welcoming.
- Track all staff related issues including personal grievances, complaints, attendance, and more.
- Manage the monthly office expenses including internet, power, rent and more.
- Build budgets to help predict office costs.
- Recruiting - Work with management and local team to attract developer talent. Assess interest and cultural fit in potential candidates.
- Excellent communication -- you clearly communicate in English and Spanish, in the right amount, when it is needed
- Genuinely fun attitude -- you are normally “happy for no reason”
- Operations-oriented mindset -- you are focused on details, planning and reporting
- Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Gmail)
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Good pay in USD
- Work for a fast growing Silicon Valley startup with an office in Colima
- Awesome office with new equipment, computers, monitors and gaming lounge
- Accelerated growth in your career through industry leading mentors / coworkers
- Internal promotion path into management or other areas of interest
- Fun and friendly team members
- Free lunch every day
- Free snacks, drinks, caffeine and more