Senior Rails Developer
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions including Postgres, Redis, RDS, and others
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and create solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Pair and mentor other members of the development team.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Solid understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances and a knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- The ability to write solid objects
- The ability to write solid tests including unit and functional/integration
- Understanding and experience with TDD and Pairing
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and REST
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Experience with deployments and monitoring tools (Papertrail, Scout, Metrics Dashboard) for Heroku and AWS
- Familiarity with automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience with data science, including scraping, data mining, AI/ML, and creation and upkeep of algorithms.
- BS Computer Science Engineering or similar.
- Good pay in USD
- Work for a fast growing Silicon Valley startup with an office in Colima
- Awesome office with new equipment, computers, monitors and gaming lounge
- Accelerated growth in your career through industry leading mentors / coworkers
- Internal promotion path into management or other areas of interest
- Fun and friendly team members
- Free lunch every day
- Free snacks, drinks, caffeine and more